Why Regent University?

Regent University offered a unique perspective in undergraduate studies. Christ-centered leadership and biblically centered classes develop students professionally and personally. The campus is beautiful, and I soon found that my professors and my fellow students exuded enthusiasm and dedication to the Lord and their educational pursuits. Classmates prayed with me and for me; studying became a group effort towards excellence and not just another homework assignment.

Why Online Learning?

I was 21 when I started the online learning program at Regent University. I had the opportunity to dual-enroll in a local college while in high school, so my associates degree was partially complete when I graduated in 2002. I hit the ground running by working full time after graduating from high school, attending night classes to finish my associates degree. I guess I got used to the schedule, and when it came time to find a university to transfer to, I knew I'd want a flexible format that would allow me to continue in my professional endeavors.

Why A Business Degree?

My degree is in Organizational Leadership and Management. I chose this concentration because of the unique mix of business strategy and leadership development. In choosing a degree program I wanted one that would emphasize the "people" part of organizations and their strategic development. Some degree programs focus primarily on the financial and strategic side of business development, but Regent stressed the importance of the organization's people and the effectiveness of biblical leadership.

Business Degree

Sunday Thoughts, Part I

A moral dilemma.


I was starving. What would help this empty feeling? Chicken nuggets. So I went over to McDonald's to get an order. And guess what? They have a whole line of coffee drinks! It's called McCafe! Now, before you go all hate on me, read my posts titled "Tales of the Demise." Starbucks, Indigo, and Moxies all have special places in my heart. But I thought, since I'm here, why not try McD's cafe mocha?

But first, the moral dilemma.
My meal came with a regular fry and a drink. They charged me a small upcharge for the cafe mocha. There was this guy standing next to me, waiting for his two Whopper deal. Apparently this deal comes with an extra large fry. I'm telling you this for a reason. So his Whoppers come and he reaches into the bag and pulls out a couple of fries. He then realizes that he received a regular fry, and not a large fry. He tells the girl behind the counter that he was supposed to get a large fry, and not the regular one. He then hands back the fries. At this same (Yes, the SAME!) moment, I realize that my chicken nuggets came with an extra large order of fries.

Now this is tricky. Apparently, I got his fries. I had this fear, however, that if I brought it to their attention, they would merely swap the order, and trust me, if you had seen this guy, you wouldn't have wanted his fingers in YOUR fries. Not that he was icky. Let's just say if Brad Pitt had been standing there, I would have maybe, maybe done a fry-swap. Obama, even. (Especially since a Secret Service agent probably tested a fry first). But not this guy. I took my bag and left.

So my moral dilemma was that I took a large fry, and I didn't pay for a large fry. But if it makes you feel any better, I threw out the difference between the two fry orders. It made me feel better.

And now onto the McCafe' review. My cafe' mocha was really, really good. I don't see myself setting up laptop-shop at McDonald's anytime soon, but I'd go by there if I was in the area,or getting chicken nuggets anyways, because this mocha was really, really good.... and it was $3.19.

Wait, what's that noise? Hear it? Oh, wait, that's just Howard Shultz hyperventilating.

0 comments: