Why Regent University?

Regent University offered a unique perspective in undergraduate studies. Christ-centered leadership and biblically centered classes develop students professionally and personally. The campus is beautiful, and I soon found that my professors and my fellow students exuded enthusiasm and dedication to the Lord and their educational pursuits. Classmates prayed with me and for me; studying became a group effort towards excellence and not just another homework assignment.

Why Online Learning?

I was 21 when I started the online learning program at Regent University. I had the opportunity to dual-enroll in a local college while in high school, so my associates degree was partially complete when I graduated in 2002. I hit the ground running by working full time after graduating from high school, attending night classes to finish my associates degree. I guess I got used to the schedule, and when it came time to find a university to transfer to, I knew I'd want a flexible format that would allow me to continue in my professional endeavors.

Why A Business Degree?

My degree is in Organizational Leadership and Management. I chose this concentration because of the unique mix of business strategy and leadership development. In choosing a degree program I wanted one that would emphasize the "people" part of organizations and their strategic development. Some degree programs focus primarily on the financial and strategic side of business development, but Regent stressed the importance of the organization's people and the effectiveness of biblical leadership.

Business Degree

Oh, What To Post?

Happy New Year, everyone! I intentionally did not post anything yesterday, because everyone posts all sorts of resolutions and good intentions for New Years, and frankly I'm not sure that I'm the type of girl who can handle that pressure. Because if I put resolutions up here, then I'll get all stressed out about following them. Besides, if you are a regular reader, you'll find that I make up resolutions throughout the year anyways, whenever the whim strikes me on an area of change and/or improvement.


If you are interested in seeing what my resolutions were that I posted last year, click here.

I'm not going to get up at the crack of dawn to go running. I've always loved running, and yes, I've been away from it for a couple of months now. But you know what? I also love sleeping. Or "theeping," as I call it. One magical day of January 1 isn't going to change that. I'll start when I'm good and ready.

I'm also not going to go on a drastic diet. I love my curves and I love dinners out and my lattes in the morning (and night) and I loooove good, healthy wholesome food, so there's no need to get stressed out about what to eat. Life's too short.

I want to note that no one, and I mean no one, is as hard on me as I am on myself. Whatever expectations there are, add ten to that, and you'll get an idea to the standards I hold myself to. Whatever I mess up on, add ten to that, and that's what I go through. I KNOW I'm not up to the par I set for myself last year. It's another day, another year, and another opportunity to dream big. This is the year I live more, love more, give more, and unbox more.

Cheers!

0 comments: